ILY: ’Times New Roman’,’serif’; FONT-SIZE: 10.5pt; mso-bidi-font-size: 12.0pt; mso-font-kerning: 1.0pt; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: ZH-CN; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA; mso-fareast-font-family: 宋体" lang=EN-US>
Part II Listening Comprehension (25 minutes)
Directions: In this section, you will hear three news reports. At the end of each news report, you will hear two or three questions. Both the news report and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Questions 1 and 2 will be based on the following news item.
1. A) Their death rate is too high to be neglected. C) They want to win the public’s praise.
B) Governments pay little attention to the issue. D) There are little data about them to do research.
2. A) Maternal death. C) Infectious disease.
B) Various types of injuries. D) Natural disaster.
Questions 3 and 4 will be based on the following news item.
3. A) The White House warned them not to do now. C) NASA didn’t get adequate money.
B) The panel of experts objected the proposals. D) It would be too costly to do so.
4. A) By loaning money from the state bank. C) By resorting to commercial banks.
B) By cooperating with private enterprises. D) By intensifying structural adjustment.
Questions 5 to 7 will be based on the following news item.
5. A) LG has exposed new concept TVs. C) TV will be replaced by computers.
B) The market of TVs decreased. D) LG is lagging behind in the TV competition.
6. A) They will be sold in stores this year. C) The price of them is not very high.
B) They will be mass-produced. D) One of them can be rolled up like a newspaper.
7. A) CES technology expo. C) Distinguishable technology.
B) Ultra-high definition televisions. D) Creative concepts like LG’s.
| 华研外语首页 关于我们 | 服务中心 | 诚聘英才 | 联系我们